Context Management – Consistently capturing and tracking expectations of interested parties in the context of the organization
Defining the context of an organization is the starting point for a functioning management system.
DaIM facilitates scoping through integrated connection of the scope. This enables cost-efficient certification. In context management you have all internal and external changes under control.
- Easy use of all expectations in one place
- Use framework conditions and not just capture them
- Reduce costs through precise scoping
- Harmonize scopes and certification scopes across standards
- Map documents and processes to the scope
- Match interested parties with existing CRM systems in the Common Data Model
- No redundancy of data
- Simple printing and reporting functions for necessary documented information
- Simplified communication with auditors and certification bodies
- Integrated SoA in information security management
- Communication regulated in the context of the organization
DaIM facilitates scoping through integrated connection of the scope. This enables cost-efficient certification.
The expectations of interested parties are systematically recorded, evaluated, necessary actions delegated to the responsible employees and monitored to the central action management. Communication with interested parties is managed centrally. Internal and external issues are recorded and evaluated. Necessary actions can be tracked in the actions module.
All management system processes are linked visually and data-based. Resources, key figures and interactions are mapped in an integrated manner in a process map.
In the scope, processes, locations, buildings and work areas, system boundaries, counting points and exclusions are documented in an audit-proof manner. A statement is made regarding the applicability (SoA) of standard-specific requirements.